Followers

Monday, 22 April 2013

One card three challenges

DSCF2017 It's been oh so long since I have made a card - the stitching bug took my cardmaking mojo away for a while.  I actually made the card to fit three challenges, firstly 4 Crafty Chicks whose theme is Trees, secondly  the SUO challenge which is to use only one colour and the sketch from Mojo Monday.  I've used tree stamps from Darkroom Door and SU cardstock and inks in Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand and Very Vanilla.  The ribbon border was made using an Anna Griffin ribbon punch and then the SU scallop border punch.  It felt good to be making a card again.
DSCF2019
Friday  was stocking SAL day and I worked on the red border at the top of the stocking all evening and still didn't get it all completed - I was a little distracted as my friend Ali came round and we were chatting away so not as much got done as I would have hoped - but it was really nice to spend some quality time with a friend so a small sacrifice.

DSCF2012Saturday was a really lovely sunny day and we managed to spend a few hours out in the garden cutting the lawns, weeding the final border, re-potting some plants and cleaning the conservatory.  This rather straggly looking Christmas tree has now gone into a much bigger pot and will hopefully thrive a bit more.  Many would probably have thrown it away by now but it was sown from a seed by our eldest son David when he was just a young boy so it has great sentimental value to me.  I am hoping that one day it will have enough branches on so that we can actually decorate it for Christmas and have some festive decoration outside the conservatory.  I also put in some Violas for summer colour which I hope will survive should we have any further frosts.

Sunday was a mixed day - the morning started off brightly enough but drizzle arrived in the early afternoon.  We called round to see DS1 and family taking his birthday cards with us - I find it hard to believe I have a son who is now 27!

In the evenings I was able to spend quite a few hours working on the teddy sampler and it was great being able to make the most of the lighter evenings and natural daylight.  I am running out of a few of the threads but am hoping I can pick them up locally on Wednesday when I take mum out.  If not then I will order them online and try very hard not to put any other projects into the shopping basket.


6 comments:

Mrs A. said...

You should defo make more cards as this is lovely. Crisp and very CAS.
Shades of colour all blend in so well. Managed a bit in the garden at the weekend too. Lots of tidying up and cutting dead wood from the bushes. Amazing how much neater it looks already. Hugs Mrs A.

Anne said...

A lovely card Linda. I find it hard to believe I have a son who has just had his 37th birthday and our youngest will be 35 on Sunday!! :-) x

Karen K said...

Beautitful Linda, SAL is looking good too. Glad you enjoyed your gardening.

K x

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our Tree Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Lori said...

Love this card, Linda!! You did an amazing job of our "tree" challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks! WTG!

Tamie said...

Simply stunning trees. I love how you used the ribbon on this card too. It makes it look very elegant. Your color and layout are truly rockin. Thank you so much for sharing for phenomenal inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.