Followers

Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Ferris Wheel - 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge

DSCF1085 I found another new challenge blog to me called 4 Crafty Chicks to encourage me to use my SU products.  It's a colour challenge blog which in the past I have always steered away from for some reason.  I guess 2013 is as good a year as any to challenge myself with colours more often.  I needed a birthday card for a friend of ours whose birthday is next Monday - for once I'm going to be ahead of the game.  I've used one of the stamps sets that will be available during Saleabration at the end of the month and the Curly Cute birthday greeting.  The sky blue card has been embossed with SU chevron embossing folder and I've used the ribbon punch as a trim down the side of the card.  I'm also entering this into the Mojo Monday challenge as I used their sketch this week.

DSCF1081
The photo prompt for today was AN ORDINARY MOMENT and shopping is definitely very ordinary.  I generally pick up some bits of shopping after I finish work each day so this fitted in very nicely with the prompt today.  Looking forward to trying out the custard yogurts!  At the bottom of the bag are some clothes I picked up for Savannah - couldn't resist them and there are also some Fireman Sam puzzles for Logan to play with when he is at our house.  He had some Thomas jigsaws for Christmas and loves doing them so I am hoping he will enjoy these just as much.


4 comments:

Tamie said...

Welcome we are sure glad to have you at 4 Crafty Chicks. Each week our challenge site offers something different. Glad you took our color combo challenge this week. You did an amazing job on this color combo. The texture and background stamping make you main image just pop. It truly is a wonderful birthday card. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Hope to see you again next week :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

That's a lovely card.

My name is Wynneth said...

Love this card Linda, that's a great Ferris Wheel vintage image - Oh dear ! yet another Salebration want to put on my wishlist.

See you tonight.
luv
wynneth
x

Julie said...

Beautiful card.